strat-1 gps

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Tue Jun 26 18:15:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:30:30 -1000
Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> my old TymServe 2100-GPS seems to have died.  would appreciate reccos
> for a replacement.  it is in a stand-alone environment so i can avoid
> roof access issues.  antenna already in place.  thanks.

I've only used their CDMA-based time server, which is handy here in the
States when line-of-sight access is difficult, but EndRun Technologies
makes something you might want to consider:

  <http://www.endruntechnologies.com/time-servers.htm>

Just be aware that you may want to harden the system a bit based on
what I saw from the last shipping defaults.  A template for the CDMA
version is here, but I suspect the GPS version would be hardened in a
similar fashion:

  <http://www.team-cymru.org/ReadingRoom/Templates/secure-endrun-template.html>

John