How to fix authentication (was LinkedIn)

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Jun 20 23:36:00 UTC 2012

There should be a way to authenticate the same user differently depending on what device they're using and tie it all together in a central place; of course if that central place gets compromised it would be horrible..

Still, I think it would help if you use the same password on every site if your browser could encrypt or hash the password before it sends it to the website.

That way at least if the website doesn't properly store the passwords they'll be encrypted anyway =)

-Drew