Cisco Smartnet for 6509E Line Cards

david peahi davidpeahi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:16:52 UTC 2012

This is also the way I have understood "chassis" Smartnet in the past, that
is that line cards have always been covered, and in my career, Cisco has
always replaced (RMA'd) failed line cards of any kind no questions asked.
This seems to be a new Cisco policy, quoting Smartnet for line cards.
Does anyone know if companies like Arista, which advocate "merchant
silicon" for their Ethernet switches, have a one price support contract for
the "whole ball of wax" if a component fails in their switches?

Regards,

David