IPv6 Lo. for 6PE/6VPE

mohamed Osama Saad Abo sree mohamed.abosree at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:39:05 UTC 2012

Thanks all,

That's sound more logic to me, so we  assign IPv6 for lo0 on every hop, so
it can understand ICMP control packet.

But who would use these packets? If I'm at my 6PE then i ping using Lo0
IPv4 address because we are not enabling IPV6 Routing/Dual stack so it can
carry IPv6 addresses across my backbone.

I mean to use IPv6 on loopbacks then i need to advertise them on some
routing protocol BGP/OPSF but actually we are not enabling these protocols
in the Core. An i correct in my logic?

BR,
Mohamed

--
Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever.