Our first inbound email via IPv6

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Jun 10 15:12:29 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Randy Bush wrote:

> the key question to me is when will my normal dns rbwls support ipv6?
> in exim-speak
>
> and this time let's skip the usual round of telling me the worth of each
> element of my selection.

My thoughts on this is that unless ISPs start to announce what "one
customer" is, this is pretty hard. It's a problem in IPv4, but even more
so in IPv6.

Wouldn't it help a lot if there was a way to publish that "in this /42,
there is one customer per /56, and in this other /42, there is one
customer per /48"?

How can that be done via DNS (if that is still a favourable mechanism to
distribute information like this)? Whois is not a good way...

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se