LinkedIn password database compromised

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jun 7 20:18:18 UTC 2012

A proper CA does not have your business or personal keys, they merely
sign them and attest to the fact that they actually represent you. You are
free to seek and obtain such validation from any and as many parties as
you see fit.

At no point should any CA be given your private key data. They merely
use their private key to encrypt a hash of your public key and other data
to indicate that your private key is bound to your other data.

You trust DMV/Passport Agency/etc. to validate your identity in the form
of your government issued ID credentials, right?

That doesn't give DMV/Passport Agency/etc. control over your face, but,
it does allow them to indicate to others that your face is tied to your
name, date of birth, etc.

Owen