LinkedIn password database compromised

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jun 7 17:03:17 UTC 2012

hi etaoin,

> I still don't want single sign on.  Not anywhere.

i believe that 'single sign on' is a bad deal and dangerous for all, not
just we geeks.  essentially it means that the 'identiry provider' owns
your identity.  i love that they call themselves 'identity providers'
when it is MY fracking identity and they are reselling it.

the 'single sign on' i encourage for the end using human beings i
support is 1password and its ilk.  it provides the user with one sign-on
yet strongly encourages separation of identities and strong passwords
for sites.

add to that, something such as ghostery for your browser, and you have a
small chance of actually preserving your identity and minimizing cross-
site tracking.

randy