Configuration Systems

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:58:48 UTC 2012

Jonathan

That is the exact question I have asked myself many times.  All of the
major players in Configuration management have a "client" program that
must run and at times requires some libraries that are newer than the
platforms a company may need to support or that clients may wish
supported.  Another issue is the secure communication  over a
proprietary or SSH connection and not allowing secured VLANs or other
services like RSH and Telnet over a point to point connection.

Also you will find that the demand for cloud systems and the complex
languages used in the "Configuration Management Systems" do not easily
translate to the existing and developing cloud infrastructure.

and stuff...

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~