NOC presentations

Stefan Liström stefan at nordu.net
Tue Jun 5 09:04:10 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-04 12.46, Stefan Liström wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In TF-NOC we have been collecting information about NOCs for some time
> now[1]. Most of the NOCs are from research and educational organizations
> and we think it would also be very interesting to get the same kind of
> information from commercial NOCs. I understand that many commercial
> companies might not be able to share this information, but I thought it
> might be worth asking.
>
> If you would like to share information about your NOC please check out
> our presentation template[2] for inspiration and let me know.
>
> Even if you are not able to share information about your NOC the
> information we have gathered will hopefully still be interesting for you.
>
> [1] http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-noc/nocs.html
> [2] http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-noc/TF-NOC-flashpresentation-v2.ppt

Hi again,

Got an off list reminder about the great NOC list at Puck:
http://puck.nether.net/netops/nocs.cgi

I forgot to mention that if you know any other groups of people that
collect and publish information about NOCs I'd love to hear about it.

But I also wanted to clarify that we are not trying to create a contact
list for NOCs. We are more aiming at getting to know how different NOCs
work. E.g. if you are responsible for a hybrid network a certain size or
a distributed NOC what kind of tools and procedures do you find useful.
So that other NOCs in a similar situation can be inspired and get useful
tips on how they could improve their network operations.

--
Best regards
Stefan Liström