Update from the NANOG Communications Committee regarding recent off-topic posts

Etaoin Shrdlu shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Mon Jul 30 17:57:28 UTC 2012

On 7/30/2012 12:04 PM, Panashe Flack wrote:
>> As a quick update, we've implemented some list settings last week to help to
>> keep spam off the list.  New subscribers are moderated until we're comfortable
>> with their posts...

> I dislike this change - how long are subscribers considered "new"?

I applaud this change. If I still traveled, I'd show up to the next
NANOG, and buy the committee a beer. Instead, I send them my thanks.

I run a couple of mailing lists, and every once in a while, someone will
subscribe and set off my cynicism meter. I hit the moderate button on
the new account, and sad to say, I've only been wrong to do so once, out
of the last ten times I did it.

Thanks again.

--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"