[routing-wg] The Cidr Report

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri Jul 27 16:14:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Geoff Huston <gih at apnic.net> wrote:

Perhaps we should have newnog implement a penalty payment
system for registrations; tag an extra $25 "excessive leakage"
charge onto conference registrations for networks that are in the
top 30 list?

I worked at a network that made it onto the list of shame.

Once.

It was projected onto the screen at NANOG 8
during a presentation.  I don't even remember
the rest of the presentation, because all of us
present from that network immediately ssh'd
in, figured out the missing route-map on a
session, applied it, and looked around
very red-facedly at everyone else in the room.

anonymous shaming on a mailing list is one
thing.

public shaming in a room full of your peers...that
hits home immediately and viscerally, if you have
any pride as an engineer.  ^_^;;

Don't stop what you're doing, Geoff--it does make
a difference.

Matt