Another LTE network turns up as IPv4-only squat space + NAT

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 02:36:31 UTC 2012

I disagree.  I see it as an extra layer of security.  If DOD had a network
with address space 'X', obviously it's not advertised to the outside.  It
never interacts with public network.  Having it duplicated on the outside
world adds an extra layer of complexity to a hacker trying to access it.
It's not a be-all/end-all, but it's a plus.  A hacker who's partially in the
network may try to access network 'X', but it routes to the outside world,
tripping IDSs...

Chuck