using "reserved" IPv6 space

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sun Jul 15 01:48:49 UTC 2012

Actually, that's one of the most insightful meta-points I've seen on
NANOG in a long time.

There is a HUGE difference between IPv4 and IPv6 thinking.  We've all
been living in an austerity regime for so long that we've completely
forgotten how to leave parsimony behind.  Even those of us who worked
at companies that were summarily handed a Class B when we mumbled
something about "internal subnetting" have a really hard time
remembering how to act when we suddenly don't have to answer for every
single host address and can design a network to conserve other things
(like our brain cells).

-r