using "reserved" IPv6 space

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Sat Jul 14 16:08:40 UTC 2012

Le 13/07/12 16:38, -Hammer- a écrit :
> In the past, with IPv4, we have used reserved or "non-routable"

I guess "non-routable IPv4" translates well to "non-routable IPv6", thus
putting Link-Local addresses on top of the list.

Thought you may use th auto-configured addresses for that purpose, you
also may set LLAs to your liking. I use fe80::zone_ID:interface_ID , and
set such LLA to every gateways to make routing tables more legible,
those ID beeing arbitrary 16bit values.

Any other address class will work well, but I'd rather not use reserved
space outside of GUA, ULA our LLA scopes to avoid bug-hunting on poorly
implemented IPv6 stacks.

--
Jérôme Nicolle
+33 6 19 31 27 14