Netsol AAAA glue

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Sat Jul 14 06:06:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 08:52:27AM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2012, at 8:43 AM, Brandon Applegate wrote:
>
> > So I sent an email over a week ago to ipv6req at networksolutions.com - and since I've only recieved the auto reply.
> As long as you're not 1 year into a 10 year renewal, you may want to consider just moving your domains to another registrar such as opensrs.  Drawback of using OpenSRS is they don't do DS records for dnssec, if that's a requirement as well, I believe Dyn has a good service for this (or so I read in the OpenSRS forums).

Not sure why you'd be worried about a 10-year renewal, any registrar
transfer just add on time to existing expiration, you don't lose anything.

OpenSRS does (now) have online IPv6 glue-record editing.

They can insert DS records by hand if you email into their support
department (assuming you are the reseller and you have access to their
support department, otherwise you have to work through your reseller).

Still, not as nice as online access, but it is workable.