[c-nsp] automatic bgp route refresh

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Jul 11 14:56:33 UTC 2012

Joe Maimon wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if somebody would point me to the release
> notes for the change I see in 15.1 where BGP neighbor route-map
> configurations happen in real time, without needing any clearing, soft
> or otherwise.
>
> Much obliged.
>
> Best,
>
> Joe

So I opened the TAC case, went through the repro multiple times,
documented it, webexed it, discussed it.

First I am told that there is an undocumented command to turn it off.

"
The feature we are talking about is  route refresh capability

this is a bgp hidden command which will not negotiate this capability
and you will have to manually refresh routes after making any
configuration changes.

neighbor x.x.x.x dont-capability-negotiate enhanced-refresh
"

Which does not work.

Then I am told that all IOS have been updated to do this and that there
are no publicly available release notes for this change and if I want
any further help, I need to have my account manager convince them that I
am worthy.

Which seems to be the way they try to resolve all cases these days.

Cisco support has sunk to new levels. You end up paying them to
sadistically torture and tantalize you. Which I am not into.

I remember when they would actually file a bug when you found one (with
a mtrr +-2yrs).

Best,

Joe