job screening question

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jul 6 16:25:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
> I'll admit that I once asked a question like in an interview, but it was
> only because the candidate had said that he was an expert with the "tar"
> command.  If you're going to be that full of poop on a CV, you should
> expect to be called up on it.
>
> [against my advice, the candidate was hired and was a disaster.  I left the
> company shortly afterwards.]

That sounds like the guy who on his resume under "training" listed the
3-day course and certification he got in configuring Kentrox CSU/DSUs.
The limited space one has on a resume to present oneself and that's
what he chose to tell me.

I understand that maybe his company made him do it but there are some
things you just don't admit to.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004