job screening question

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 04:17:29 UTC 2012

--- On Thu, 7/5/12, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> From: William Herrin <bill at herrin.us>
> Subject: Re: job screening question
> To: "Randy" <randy_94108 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "nanog at nanog.org" <nanog at nanog.org>
> Date: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 7:36 PM
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM,
> Randy <randy_94108 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > How about another HR-Question:
> >
> > what do 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0.0/1 as static-routes
> accomplish?
>
> Override the dynamic (e.g. DHCP) default route. Often so you
> can
> implement a workaround that central Network Security
> wouldn't approve
> of. :-)

<smile>
Yes of course! But NOT the "answer" I am looking for(..and want to hear..) because -

1) having such default-routes "internally" is a terribly-bad/broken idea.

I am looking for a "candidate" who can actually say the same and go on to say: "it is a kludge that can be put in place to load-share between two links to upstreams when "budgetary-constraints" prevent us from anything but static-routing - two upstreams terminating on the same router.

There You go:

So, There are some questions (includes Your original-question) that HR should not be asking.

There is a big difference between Engineering-Management and Management-Engineering.....(Morton Thiokol/Challenger is a classic case in point.)
Regards,
./Randy