Cisco Update

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Jul 5 18:07:14 UTC 2012

> Technical users could always just flash DD-WRT onto the device and =
> replace the Linksys/Cisco firmware; then you have a much more robust =
> system without any big brother stuff.

Or Cisco could just omit the big brother stuff.

This is not a technological failure.  In fact, automatic updates of
router firmware are overdue.  Good job on that front.

It is the implications of your router dictating to you what sort of
uses might be acceptable and what is not that's troubling, and that
seems to have happened on several levels in this product.

... JG