Microbursts on Ceragon IP-10G

Abel Alejandro aalejandro at alliedtechnologygrouppr.com
Tue Jan 31 09:22:50 CST 2012

Hello,

I have a Ceragon IP-10G to provide backhaul access for an LTE network.
The client wants to have 50Mbps of throughput with an RTT of 50ms
on a single TCP session. The problem are the packet drops due to
microbursts due to tcp slow start come from a 1GE port and then they
get dropped at the radio.
I can burst about 60KB of data before experiencing packet loss.

Has anyone has a similar problem with this problem and found a solution?

PS: I already have a case open, its just going kind of slow.

Thanks,
Abel.