IP KVM suggestions

Jeff Fisher nanog at techmonkeys.org
Tue Jan 31 02:11:56 UTC 2012

> Lantronix Spider is a small, portable, affordable and web enabled IP KVM.
> Supports ISO mounting and has USB connections.
>
> http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/kvm-over-ip/securelinx-spider.html
>
> It is a single server unit. So if you want to connect many servers at the
> same time, it might not be the best option as the price quickly escalates.
> However, if you buy one and just move it from server to server (which is
> what I got from your email), then it is a pretty good fit. Java based web
> interface, not the greatest, but it works.

I've got a few Lantronix Spiders and I love them; however, I would opt
to get the external power adapter instead of just relying on the unit
drawing power from the computer it's connected to.

Also, there is a PS2 + USB model available that I'd recommend getting if
you have any older gear which doesn't support USB keyboards while in the
BIOS.

I think they go for around $260 + another $20 or so for the external
power adapter.

Jeff