Console Server Recommendation

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Mon Jan 30 16:05:57 CST 2012

> Avocent Cyclades ACS uses Cat5 straight through cables to Cisco consoles.
>
> I use them in our lab and production sites.

I personally use these as well; so does work.  There's a dongle for some
things like the older Sun Netra devices that used an RJ45 console connector.

One of the nicest features of the ACS boxes over my previous solution (old
cisco router with octopus cables) is the ability to share sessions.  Very
useful if I switch from my desktop to my laptop, for example.