Console Server Recommendation

Malte von dem Hagen mvh at hosteurope.de
Mon Jan 30 16:49:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com wrote on Mo, 2012-01-30 at 17:47+0100:

> On 30 Jan 2012, at 16:10, "Ray Soucy" <rps at maine.edu> wrote:
>
>> What are people using for console servers these days?  We've
>> historically used retired routers with ASYNC ports, but it's time for
>> an upgrade.
>>
>> OpenGear seems to have some nice stuff, anyone else?
>>

> +1 for OpenGear. I asked this same question about a year ago..

+1 from me. Their boxes really rock. It just saved my life you can fully
access the underlying linux as root (in my case to debug the mgetty on
the box).

Rgds,

Malte
--
Malte von dem Hagen
Head of Network Engineering & Operations

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz; maximal 0,42 EUR/Min.
aus den dt. Mobilfunknetzen