LX sfp minimum range

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Sun Jan 29 12:35:40 UTC 2012

I once tried an LX-SMF-MMF-LX type setup using mode conditioning patch
leads between the SMF-MMF and MMF-LX portions of the span. I would be
hesitant to recommend it, simply touching the patch lead on the MMF-LX
portion would result in horrendous error counts. Suffice to say, we bit the
bullet and got some SMF blown through (tubes ftw).

I have also used LX-LX on short SMF runs of a couple of metres, for 1G and
10G, with no issues.