ANNOUNCE: bgptables.merit.edu - understanding visibility of your prefix/AS

Manish Karir mkarir at merit.edu
Fri Jan 27 16:59:17 UTC 2012

All,

Just a quick update on various feedback we have received from folks on the bgpTables Project (http://bgptables.merit.edu)

1: You can now simply enter an AS number in the search/query box without the need to prepend the letters "as"  before the number

2: You can now lookup an IP address and the result will be the best matching prefix e.g. a query for "8.8.8.8" will now work.

3: We have made a few css fixes for opera

4: On the issue of history:  We have a parallel effort that tracks historical BGP origin information over time which we will work on merging
    into the bgptable.merit.edu web site.

5:  On the issue of graphics to show AS adjacency relationships.  Yes we do plan on doing some nicer graphics but the hard part is always
     in making the layout presentation consistent but we do have some good ideas on how to do this.

6:  Additional information: RPKI status, RTT measurements, etc. We are hoping to work with other folks in integrating their datasets
    into our website as suitable.  Anything that is organized by prefix/AS can be pulled into our existing system.

Thanks for all the feedback!  Hopefully we can continue to evolve this over time.

-manish