AT&T and IPv6 Launch

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Wed Jan 25 23:18:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 06:52:05PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> So i have been privately referred to att.com/ipv6 where you can find supporting CPE devices.
>
> It sounds like if you have equipment supporting ipv6 it may just appear one day "soon".
>
> Jared Mauch

That's slightly depressing.  From their Residential Q&A:
Devices supporting IPv6

Pace 4111N
Netgear 7550 B90
Netgear 6200 A90
Motorola 3360

Only AT&T-certified versions of the devices listed above will be able to
utilize IPv6 on the AT&T network.

I have my own DSL modem, that I know has IPv6 support.  Will AT&T be doing
some sort of wizardry to ensure it will work for their CPE, but not mine?

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)