using ULA for 'hidden' v6 devices?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Jan 25 15:51:46 UTC 2012

Is anyone using ULA (RFC 4193) address space for v6 infrastructure that
does not need to be exposed to the outside world?  I understand the
concept of having fc00::/8 being doled out by the RIRs never went
anywhere, and using space out of fd00::/8 can be a bit of a crap-shoot
because of the likelihood of many organizations that do so not following
the algorithm for picking a /48 that is outlined in the RFC.

There would appear to be reasonable arguments for and against using ULA.
I'm just curious about what people are doing in practice.

jms