juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

amaged at gmail.com amaged at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:29:57 UTC 2012

ASR 1000 does not run XR. You probably mean XE.

The high availability features that requires maintaining state and stateful switch over never seem to work out of the box on early releases and need some time until the feature gets mature. I've found this across different vendors.

The dual IOS process works best with two Routing Engines/ESPs on higher models.  contact your local vendor engineering representatives asking them for more details on the the ASR1K High Availability features and they should tell you how it works in detail.

Regards,
Ahmed
Sent using BlackBerry® from mobinil