LAw Enforcement Contact

TR Shaw tshaw at oitc.com
Mon Jan 23 01:29:59 UTC 2012

On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:19 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 07:16:39PM -0600, A. Pishdadi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We recently tracked down a botnet that attacked our network. We found the
>> C&C server, it has approximately 40-50 servers, consisting of mostly *nix
>> machines with high speed connections, for example AWS servers or dedicated,
>> attack capacity is 4-5Gb/s or more. Is there any contacts with law
>> enforcement here that I can send over the info too?
>>
>> .
>
> 	Sure is.  Check with your local FBI office.

Do you know how responsive and effective that is out here in rural america? usually nada even if you can even find someone who speaks tech.

I gave my local a C&C complete with location in Phoenix and details on all the Italian bank intercepts that were stored there (open directory) and 2 weeks later it was still operating.

Tom