Jay Ashworth jra at
Sat Jan 21 20:26:53 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joly MacFie" <joly at>

> Technical nuances notwithsatnding, isn't the guts of the case that the
> megaupload team wilfully engaged in harbouring infringing files as
> evidenced by the email snooping, eg boasting to each other about
> having feature movies available prior to release etc.

That appears to be the case at this time, based on things which are hearsay
to we the public, and should not have been released.

But "has a substantially non-infringing use" is, if not a defense, a fact
which should have made them *much* more careful in how they did the take
down, a response which is all of a piece with our objections to SOPA.

-- jra
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra at
Ashworth & Associates         2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA             +1 727 647 1274