Why not to use RPKI (Was Re: Argus: a hijacking alarm system)

Yang Xiang xiangy08 at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Fri Jan 20 12:38:55 UTC 2012

RPKI is great.

But, firstly, ROA doesn't cover all the prefixes now,
we need an alternative service to alert hijackings.

secondly, ROA can only secure the 'Origin AS' of a prefix,
while Argus can discover potential hijackings caused by anomalous AS path.

After ROA and BGPsec deployed in the entire Internet (or, in all of your
network),
Argus will stop the service :)