Megaupload.com seized

Tei oscar.vives at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:42:35 UTC 2012

On 20 January 2012 12:14, Alec Muffett <alec.muffett at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 Jan 2012, at 11:00, Tei wrote:
>
>> Fileshares can organize thenselves in sites based on a forum software
>> that is private by default (open with registration), then share some
>> "information" file that include the url to the files hosted, and the
>> key to unencrypt these files, and some metadata. A special desktop
>> program* would load that information file, and start the http
>> download.
>

> At the risk of kicking over old ground, there are a bunch of privacy solutions like this; possibly the most complete attempt (in terms of attempted privacy and distribution) is Freenet:
>
>        http://freenetproject.org/whatis.html
>
> ...but it's slow; then there's Tahoe-LAFS - a decentralised filesystem:
>
>        https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs
>
> ...but it's slow; then there are connection anonymisation tools like I2P and Tor, but - wonderful as they are - they're slow.
>
> Can you see a pattern developing that would be relevant to the downloader of 700Mb+ AVIs? :-)
>
> It would be great to speed them through wider adoption, but until then...
>
>        -a

These services are not needed yet.  But is good that are under study,
in case changes in laws or balance of power make it needed.
For now, I think people will continue using HTTP download/stream
movies and tv series.

Perhaps countries where the 3 strikes legislation is aprobed will make
one of these systems necesary. But I think speed is a important
factor, and no slow system will suceed.

ℱin del ℳensaje.