Megaupload.com seized

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Jan 20 07:42:02 UTC 2012

In message <CABRP1o8-_eN5uCsXFHtELWRiivMrKs7-9XA5OJPsJ9F3JYSqpw at mail.gmail.com>
, Rodrick Brown writes:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM, James Smith <james at smithwaysecurity.com>w=
> rote:
>
> > I can only imagine the bloodbath this will cause.!!
>
> Show me a file sharing site with no illegal content! This is just insane.
> What's quite interesting is that Rapper/Producer Swiss BeatZ is the current
> CEO of megaupload how ironic.

I suspect most file sharing site don't have illegal content.  Most
would have some content that is there without the permission of the
copyright holder.  These are different things.

This case is not that there is copyrighted content there without
the permission of the copyright holder.  It's that they, allegedly,
failed to remove such content when explictly notified of it which
put them outside the safe harbour provision of DMCA.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org