Robert Bonomi bonomi at
Thu Jan 19 18:00:35 CST 2012

Paul Graydon <paul at> wrote

> Ars Technica are implying it was quite a source of bandwidth usage
> within companies.  I'm curious, are any interesting charts on an ISP side?

As a matter of techincal accuracy, The Ars Technica article reports that
monitored corporate networks had more traffic to/from than
to/from several other 'cyberlocker' operations, inncluding ones that were
more focused on the 'corporate' market.

'quite a source of bandwidth usage' is a bit of an overstatement, as the
traffic to/from Megaupload was somewhat over 20 terabyes, out of a total
of 10,900+ terabytes of monitored traffic.  Or about 0.189% of corporate
usage on the monitored networks.