juniper mx80 vs cisco asr 1000

Thomas Donnelly tad1214 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:34:56 UTC 2012

I have used the ASR1002-F in a previous life and I was very pleased with
it. Performance was a massive increase from the 3845 we had. The warm
standby IOS is a nice feature for in service upgrades and crash avoidance.
I don't have much experience with the MX series of things but you would be
happy with the ASR assuming it meets your bandwidth/port
density requirements.

-=Tom