RIS raw data

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Thu Jan 19 13:51:42 UTC 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 7:52 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

> of course, taking anything from the IRR literally is naïve at best.

Unfortunately, if the BGPSEC, RPKI and SIDR work stays course in the IETF, we're still going to need IRR-esque policy capabilities (outside of route server and prefix origin bindings in that work), so we best starting figuring out how to make them suck less.

> some years back, i asked for a *simple minimal* tagging of announcements
> to route views, just peer, customer, internal.  it got ietfed to utter
> uselessness, with more crap welded on to it than envisioned in mad max.

I agree, it's important to analyze systemic cost/benefit and complexity analysis and new operational impacts various standards work is introducing.

-danny