Slighty OT: GoDaddy and SPF records...

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Tue Jan 17 20:29:03 UTC 2012

On 1/17/2012 11:59 AM, Mike Lyon wrote:

> Was curious to see if anyone on the list has ever been successful with
> setting up SPF records on their domains that are hosted on GD
> nameservers... It appears they only let you configure TXT spf records, not
> actual SPF records.

Let me quickly reiterate what Anurag Bhatia has already told you. TXT
records are what you need. I went through a LOT of completely
unnecessary suffering, and discovered that while you CAN create an SPF
record, what you really need is a TXT record that performs this service.

Save yourself some suffering, and don't even bother with the SPF record
(this is for those of you who are just now considering making such a
thing). GoDaddy (for once) has saved you some sadness, here.

--
Those proud of keeping an orderly desk never know
the thrill of finding something they thought they had