enterprise 802.11

Brent Jones brent at brentrjones.com
Sun Jan 15 19:43:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Ken King <kking at yammer-inc.com> wrote:

> I need to choose a wireless solution for a new office.
>
> up to 600 devices will connect.  most devices are mac books and mobile
> phones.
>
> we can see hundreds of access points in close proximity to our new office
> space.
>
> what are the thoughts these days on the best enterprise solution/vendor?
>
> Thanks for your replies.
>

> Ken King

I have had great success with Ruckus Wireless gear, specifically their 7962
access points.
Our offices are pretty noisy radio environments, typically over 70 access
points show up on scans, mostly in the 2.4 range though.
We use WPA2 with 802.11X for auth, plus a guest zone managed by the Ruckus
wireless controller, works smooth haven't had any problems so far.
Part of my decision was based on a Tom's Hardware review of access points:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/beamforming-wifi-ruckus,2390.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wi-fi-performance,2985.html

Brent Jones