Monday Night Footbal -- on Google?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Jan 15 21:40:03 UTC 2012

On Jan 15, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Unfortunately that does exactly nothing to help with Internet scale.
>
> Now scaling for your local environment embedded RP might be beneficial, but
> actual practical applications where you need ASM are very few.

Most vendors took out hardware multicast support and do it via recirculation
these days.

I'm more interested in other topics, this would likely be served by a CDN,
and I'm curious if any CDNs have started placing gear behind CGN/LSN.

I've also noticed some hotels and other 'guest net' folks capturing 4.2.2.1
and comparable open recursive name servers in-house.  Two weeks ago I could ping
4.2.2.1 and get responses when TTL was set to 1 on my outgoing packets.

- Jared