VPC=S/MLT?

Charles Spurgeon c.spurgeon at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 15 01:10:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 03:05:45PM -0600, -Hammer- wrote:

>     The first link references "chapter 3". I found chapter 5 as well
> but I can't find the full index. Do you have that link by any chance?

I don't have a link to a full index. The links I sent are from a set
of Nexus design and operation chapters I've found.  Each chapter is a
guide to a specific aspect of Nexus and vPC operation and DC design.
The set doesn't appear to have been turned into standard Cisco docs
with indexes etc.

Here are the links that I've been able to find:

Chapter 1: Data Center Design with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual PortChannel: Overview
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572831-00_Dsgn_Nexus_vPC_DG.pdf

Chapter 2: Cisco NX-OS Software Command-Line Interface Primer
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572833-00_NX-OS_CLI.pdf

Chapter 3: Cisco NX-OS Software Virtual PortChannel: Fundamental Concepts
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572835-00_NX-OS_vPC_DG.pdf

Chapter 4: Spanning Tree Design Guidelines for Cisco NX-OS Software and Virtual PortChannels
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572834-00_STDG_NX-OS_vPC_DG.pdf

Chapter 5: Data Center Aggregation Layer Design and Configuration with
Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual PortChannels
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572830-00_Agg_Dsgn_Config_DG.pdf

Chapter 6 Data Center Access Design with Cisco Nexus 5000 Series
Switches and 2000 Series Fabric Extenders and Virtual PortChannels
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572829-01_Design_N5K_N2K_vPC_DG.pdf

Chapter 7 10 Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity with Microsoft Windows Servers
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572828-00_10Gb_Conn_Win_DG.pdf

Chapter 8 Data Center Design with VMware ESX 4.0 and Cisco Nexus 5000
and 1000V Series Switches 4.0(4)SV1(1) and 2000 Series Fabric
Extenders
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572832-00_VMware_ESX4_Nexus_DG.pdf

-Charles

Charles E. Spurgeon / UTnet