VPC=S/MLT?

-Hammer- bhmccie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 19:19:31 UTC 2012

OK, So I'm doing a lot of reading lately on Nexus as we are about to get
into the 7k/5k game and of course a lot of the marketing revolves around
VPC. Every time I see it referenced, I keep remembering a reasonably
reliable Nortel implementation called Split MLT (Multi Link Trunk). Is
there something fancy here that I'm missing in the docs or am I wrong in
equating the two? Isn't VPC just S/MLT? It's just that Cisco has shown
up 8 years late and is trying to hype it up to compensate?

--

-Hammer-

"I was a normal American nerd"
-Jack Herer