Linux Centralized Administration

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Thu Jan 12 22:27:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 04:02:49PM -0500, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Hey folks. just curious what people are using for automating updates to
> Linux boxes?
>
> Today, we manually do YUM updates to all the CentOS servers . just an
> example but a good one.  I have heard there are some open source solutions
> similar to that of Red Hat Network?

At work, we use (and built) a tool called 'tingle'
(https://github.com/anchor/tingle), which handles it all for us across our
internal and managed-for-customers infrastructures.

Personally, I don't run CentOS, but I use unattended-upgrades on my personal
herd of Debian machines, which works well enough.

- Matt

--
A woman in liquor production / Owns a still of exquisite construction.
The alcohol boils / Through magnetic coils.