In search of uplink vendor

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:16:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Justin M. Streiner
<streiner at cluebyfour.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Paul Kaminsky wrote:
>
>> We are at a stage where we need an all-out uplink vendor to fuel our
>> business endeavor. The bells and whistles we need are:
>>
>> 1. 1 Gbps link with complete block of UDP/ICMP protocol
>> 2. BGP session with our AS

you have an asn?

>> 3. Ability to blackhole (no route to host) by /32 prefix
>> 4. Presence in Equinix SV1 or SV5 (San Jose) DC's - this is not mandatory,
>> we're open for suggestions
>>
>> If you feel your company measures up or is a cut above the rest, please
>> get in touch with us to discuss the specific details.
>

> Note: I am not a vendor.
>
> One question:
> 1. Not knowing anything about your business, is there a specific reason that
> you want "a complete block of UDP/ICMP protocol"?  That can be problematic
> with IPv4, and downright foolish with IPv6.

maybe he's upset that his current EU provider is in Sannyvale not Sunnyvale?
inetnum:        109.206.160.0 - 109.206.191.255
netname:        SERVEREL
descr:          Serverel Corp.
country:        EU
org:            ORG-SC64-RIPE
admin-c:        SN2485-RIPE
tech-c:         SN2485-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PI
mnt-by:         RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
mnt-by:         SERVEREL-MNT
mnt-lower:      RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
mnt-routes:     SERVEREL-MNT
mnt-domains:    SERVEREL-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

organisation:   ORG-SC64-RIPE
org-name:       Serverel Corp
org-type:       OTHER
address:        970 Corte Madera ave, Sannyvale, CA, US
phone:          +18772467863
abuse-mailbox:  abuse at serverel.com
admin-c:        AN495-RIPE

ripe.. you may want to clean up some data here :) Also, that small
townhouse, it surprises me that someone was able to get a gig pipe
into it... especially with a /19 assigned. Odd, why is RIPE supplying
space to what seems like clearly a ARIN region endpoint?

-chris