Whacky Weekend: Is Internet Access a Human Right?

Tei oscar.vives at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:33:08 UTC 2012

On 5 January 2012 16:22, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Vint Cerf says no: http://j.mp/wwL9Ip
>
> But I wonder to what degree that's dependent on how much our governments make
> Internet access the most practical/only practical way to interact with them.
>
> Understand: I'm not saying that FiOS should be a human right.  But as a
> society, America's recognized for decades that you gotta have a telephone,
> and subsidized local/lifeline service to that extent; that sort of subsidy
> applies to cellular phones now as well.
>
> Thoughts?

You don't need a new right.

The human rights include education and access to be able to
participate in your culture.  A human banned from using the internet
would not have access to culture, and will be banned from participate
in it.

Based on this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights
5.5
5.7
5.7.*

Practical terms:

The ugly conclusion is that you can put a men in jail, but that don't
include ban such men to access the internet.   Say, you put in jail a
cracker.  The judge as to remove him from two rights, the right to
freelly walk anywhere, and the right to post in his favorite
forum/mail list.

ℱin del ℳensaje.