Monday Night Football -- on Google?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 12 04:00:06 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "George Fitzpatrick" <gfitzpatrick at telx.com>

> Smart tv's should help, no?

Maybe, maybe not.  I think not, and for the reason I just posted as a comment
on Marketplace's story:

I call it the Compatible Color problem.  Due to DMCA, SOPA, and other such
corporate paranoia legislation purchased by the large media conglomerates, we
may end up in a situation where you need one box to watch Netflix, another
box to watch Google, and so on and so on, yada yada.

Once Congress gets over thinking it's cute to be ignorant of how the internet
works ("series of tubes, right?"), that probably won't play in Washington
anymore than it plays in Peoria... but I hope it doesn't wait to *start*
getting worked on until "The Super Bowl is next Sunday!  And my TV doesn't *do*
Google!!!"

Cause that Would Be Bad.

(These problems have, of course, Already Been Solved.  But the media companies
aren't interested in those solutions, cause they don't make it possible for
those companies to charge you for the same product 14 times, for your TV,
your computer, your smartphone, your game console, your car....)
</politics>

Cheers,
-- jra