Whacky Weekend: Is Internet Access a Human Right?

Vadim Antonov avg at kotovnik.com
Fri Jan 6 03:05:31 UTC 2012

There are no such rights. Each positive right is somebody else's
obligation.
Being forced to feed, clothe, and house somebody else is called slavery. So
is providing Internet access, TV, or whatever else. Doesn't matter if
this slavery
is part-time, the principle remains the same -- some people gang up on you
and force you to work for their benefit.

On the other hand the ability to exchange any information with any other
consenting parties and at your own expense - without being censored,
interfered with, or snooped upon - is indeed a basic human right.

--vadim