OSS Systems

Shahab Vahabzadeh sh.vahabzadeh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:21:04 UTC 2012

Dear Leigh,
Thanks for you answer, So you recommend radiator?
What about analyses, you know always thinking about billing systems with
staffs who does not have any idea about backend is hard ...
You always have problems with operators and they make lots of exceptions,
Is'nt it?
And if you have time would you please tell me more about your load
balancers?
I am really confused really with designing and analysing this project :(
Thanks

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Leigh Porter
<leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com>wrote:

> On 5 Jan 2012, at 22:02, "Shahab Vahabzadeh" <sh.vahabzadeh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > Has anybody experience about running and OSS System in enterprise level?
> > And do you have any idea about it?
> > For example for an ISP who is running users more than 20K or 30K, there
> > must be some good solutions to integrate all systems like:
> > Radius, Billing Systems and CRM
> > For example after searching and asking friends I have some ideas about
> > Radius to use: radiator
> > Is there anybody who has analyse such a systems before in his ISP? Need
> > sharing here :)
> > Thanks
>
> We did this a few years ago and ended up writing the while thing
> ourselves. This included billing, subscriber management etc etc.
>
> We integrates to salesforce.com for the internal front end and the user
> facing stuff we did ourselves.
>
> It was a big project and took a team of six about six months. But we ended
> up with a perfect solution that did exactly what we needed and it was
> pretty good.
>
> It handled within the order of users you mention, but we designed to 100k
> users.
>
> We used radiator (highly recommended) with openldap back end. Multiple
> load balanced servers etc etc.
>
> The worst thing we did was to build our own mail system. Not that it was
> an issue, it never went wrong, but these days I'd just send people to gmail
> or something.
>
> --
> Leigh Porter

Regards,
Shahab Vahabzadeh, Network Engineer and System Administrator

PGP Key Fingerprint = 8E34 B335 D702 0CA7 5A81  C2EE 76A2 46C2 5367 BF90