Whacky Weekend: Is Internet Access a Human Right?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 5 09:22:52 CST 2012

Vint Cerf says no: http://j.mp/wwL9Ip

But I wonder to what degree that's dependent on how much our governments make
Internet access the most practical/only practical way to interact with them.

Understand: I'm not saying that FiOS should be a human right.  But as a
society, America's recognized for decades that you gotta have a telephone,
and subsidized local/lifeline service to that extent; that sort of subsidy
applies to cellular phones now as well.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-- jr 'yes, I know I'm early...' a