Trouble accessing www.nanog.org

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:36:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Michael K. Smith - Adhost
<mksmith at adhost.com> wrote:

> There was a single source IP with 200+ open, active http connections to a single large media file.  The single IP address was blocked.  The file itself is still available on the site.

oh! so the 200 or so users on tulip.net that were downloading nanog
content were blocked, bummer :(

/troll-mode=on

Err, while we're talking about video files and nanog, why is the video
content still served off (stored content I mean) nanog.org servers?
Why not use one of the many video serving services? some of which are
free even :)
(that part's not a troll, a real question, even!)
-chris