IPv6 resolvers

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Wed Jan 4 20:00:26 UTC 2012

Hi Nanog, Owen,

I was wondering if many people are seeing horrendous latency on the free Hurricane Electric resolvers?

Both accessing the v4 or v6 resolvers have horrendous latency. This could well be coupled to their free nature and popularity.

So far when contacting Hurricane Electric they restart the resolver on their end and all is well again, but now other pfSense users in the US were noticing these latency issues as well, leading me to believe it is a larger issue.

But I was wondering if a more permanent solution for these resolvers exist.

 74.82.42.42	 2373 msec
 2001:470:20::2	 2592 msec

The google DNS server I'm using is doing swimmingly so far, OpenDNS seems ok too.
 2001:4860:4860::8844	 16 msec

Kind regards,

Seth Mos